Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Personality Test


I took a personality test at http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mmdi/questionnaire/. The results are based on a scale developed by Isabel Briggs Myers.  I scored as an ISTP. According to the website:
If your closest personality type is ISTP then you have both a logical and a practical mind and therefore enjoy solving tangible problems. You are very interested in how things work, and may have a tendency to take things apart if you don't know how they work. You may also enjoy using your craftmanslike skills to fix things that are broken, or doing investigative work, collecting facts and clues to find out the truth of what has happened.
I think this is a pretty good estimation of my personality and shows why I have chosen to teach math in particular. When solving a math problem, you have to gather information and put it together in logical ways.
This could also help me in teaching. I can attack the problem (getting all that math into students’ heads) by gathering information (students’ learning styles, standards to be met, students’ previous experiences) and finding a logical way to put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment